Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Gettin' crafty with Craft Fair Finds

Yesterday I wrote a blog post about the great finds I found during our local Craft Fair Weekend.  (Click here to read that post.) Well, I got crafty with some of the crafts I found. :)

 I found these great tags/bookmarks/whatever you want to call them.  I knew I wanted to at least frame the top one, but I ended up framing all of them!
I had some frames from my sister from her 'yard sale pile' and some old scrapbook paper.  The project took me about 5 minutes to complete.  I just cut the scrapbook paper out, then added a small piece of tape to the back of the tag (just in case I get a crazy idea and want to remove them), and stuck it to the paper and placed it in the frame.  Easy as pie!
The finished product!

So for under $5 I have 3 beautiful pieces of 'artwork!'  The cute squirrel that says "I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry" will live out its days in the kitchen.  The other two may end up in my bathroom or my bedroom.  I can't decide where I want them.  :)  

You sometimes have to think outside of the box when it comes to crafty things.  These tags were selling like hotcakes at the craft fair, and I'm not sure what other people were going to do with them, but I just couldn't use it as a bookmark or have it hidden away somewhere.  I love them and couldn't wait to show them off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment