Saturday, June 11, 2011

Garage sales with the twins

My husband's father and uncle (who are twins) came to town this weekend to celebrate their 50th birthdays. This morning we decided to go garage sale shopping. These two are serious garage sale shoppers...I've never seen anything like it. They bought all the 'boy' type stuff like tools and well, 'boy stuff'. They got some great deals, but really, we're here to talk about my finds... :)
Here is my stash I managed to pick up.

It is pretty obvious that I found some good books (56 to be exact).
Some not so obvious great finds...
Avon Anew Retroactive repair cream (because you can never start preparing too early) bought for 25 cents- it is brand new, still in the box, hasn't been used. I looked it up online and the closest thing I could find to it was around $30. Great find if you ask me.

Pampered Chef tongs and measuring cup. Pampered Chef items are usually too expensive for me to buy and surprisingly you can find them at garage sales and thrift stores- you just have to look. For example, the black tongs- my father-in-law found for me (and bought for 25 cents for me). The measuring cup thing is one of the small ones for measuring ingredients a teaspoon or less.

I found an Old Navy skirt- brand new, with the original tags and hanger for 50 cents.

I found some holiday items- the turkey (which I love) and pumpkin plate. Like clothing, you have to think ahead- it doesn't hurt to buy seasonal items out of season.

After going to garage sales, a little later in the afteroon, I found a new thrift store near my house (can't believe I didn't know about it). I'll admit, when I drove up I was kind of worried- it was an old building and looked pretty ran down. It was a lot nicer than I thought- although it was one of those places where you have to dig. Once I got inside, the owner told me everything was 50% off. Cha-ching!

I got all this for $3.85!
I found those two Valentine's day items (remember you can buy holiday items after or before the actual holiday because you'll be wishing you had it when the time comes around).
The denim skirt is Nautica. The brown shorts are Wal-Mart brand, but they still have the tags attached. The two shirts are both Ralph Lauren- they were only a quarter- for two shirts!

So, once again I was able to snag some great finds. I hope this inspires you to check out some of your own local yard sales and thrift stores- remember- you never know what you'll find! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment