Saturday, September 17, 2011

Movie Time

It has been a long time since I have posted but I have good reasons. I am currently the long-term substitute in a fourth grade classroom; so needless to say, my life has been a little busy and hectic. But I'm extremely thankful that it is. : )

Since I have been so busy I haven't had as much time to thrift store shop as I would like. But today my mom and I braved the cooler, rainy weather in search of some great finds.

One of the thrift stores not too far from my house had all of their books and movies 1/2 price. It was great...I loaded up on books- it was like uncharted territory...I don't think anyone had looked through them because I found some great books.

I also found a movie that was 1/2 price and it was only going to be 50 cents...what a deal, right? Okay, so the movie was Vegas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I have watched it on TV probably 50 times throughout my life and it still cracks me up. But I've never 'really' seen it (that's what I say when I haven't seen a movie but on TV- because something is always cut out for time). My mom always warns me when I buy movies at thrift stores because they are always VHS and she is scared they won't work or it won't be what the box really says. Out of all the movies I have bought at thrift stores, not one has had anything wrong with it. Seriously...the movies always seem to be in perfect condition.

When I got home, my husband and I thought it would be fun to watch Vegas Vacation while we ate lunch and lounged on the couch. So, I get up to pop the movie in, not bothering to actually look at the tape, and let it play. As Christmas music starts to play, I look at my husband and crack up. Inside the box for Vegas Vacation was really a different Chevy Chase movie...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. No joke. I couldn't help but laugh...so I called my mom and she had a good laugh too. Out of all the times she has told me to be careful about the movies I buy, I still never take the tape out to see if it is really the movie I think I'm buying. Well, that will definitely change after today. We didn't have Christmas Vacation so it all worked out in the end. Gave us a good laugh before we started laughing at the actual movie.

So, a word from the wise...when buying movies at a thrift store, check to make sure the movie inside of the box is what it is actually supposed to be. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment